There aren’t many things in life that are certain. You can be pretty confident that your fries will be cold before you finish your Big Mac. You can be fairly sure when you accidentally bump into your water glass it’s going to tip over and spill all over your presentation notes. And you can guarantee that after you finally get around to starting one of the hundreds of doing it yourself projects you’ve been postponing since you moved in, you are going to need a dumpster rental to deal with the huge piles of construction waste that will be put aside!
At this point, you’re going to have three options. You can:
- a) Cross your fingers and hope that the dumpster facing your apartment will hold your construction waste alongside everyone else’s trash as you finish up.
- b) Find the nearest landfill, borrow a friend’s truck and haul off the trash since it starts to pile up, or
- c) Find a roll off dumpster rental.
Option (a) is a bust, for obvious reasons. By the time pickup rolls around each week, those dumpsters are overflowing anyway. What are the odds they’ll stay miraculously empty just for you? Having to stop what you’re doing every couple of hours to go to the landfill is a pain, and it’s likely to dramatically increase the amount of time it will take to finish what you’re doing-especially if the nearest landfill is some distance away. That just leaves option (c).
The company (usually a week or two). You fill the dumpster, they pick it up. Assembling your shed keeps rolling on schedule and you don’t have to worry about trash piling up. It’s a win-win situation.
With standing seam metal roofing, the sky is the limit for opportunities to be green! Houston Metal roofing has always been famous for being durable. But metal roofing now is not only durable but also beautiful and energy efficient. Both low and steep-slope systems can remain operational for 30 years or more. But today’s systems also meet increased demands for energy efficiency. Through the proper selection of surface finishes, metal roofs can have higher levels of solar reflectance, resulting in lower surface temperatures resulting in a longer lifetime to the entire roofing system and energy efficiency.
Here are some of the reasons why metal roofing is “The Ultimate Roofing Material”.
- Lasts a Lifetime
- Adds Value to Your Home
- Withstands Severe Weather
- Snow Slides off Roof
- Conserves Energy
- Requires Virtually No Maintenance
- Does Not Support the Growth of Moss, Mildew or Fungus
- Broad Palette of Attractive Colors
- Can Be Installed Over Existing Asphalt Roof
To help our Houston metal roofing clients sort through the numerous criteria when considering a cool metal roof, here are a few important tips:
- Make sure the roofing product is labeled as “cool.” The EPA’s Energy Star program includes a roofing category that defines the requirements for energy-efficient metal roofs all applications. A cool metal roof that carries this label can help property owners achieve tax incentives. For commercial construction, tax deductions are provided for energy efficient improvements that result in a 50% reduction in annual energy costs compared to a standard building(s). Likewise, the Cool Roof Rating Council has a certification program that measures and lists reflectance and thermal emittance values of various types of roofing products.
- Use durable and corrosion-resistant products.Metal roofing substrates include metallic-coated steel, aluminum, copper, zinc, and stainless steel. Metal roofs typically have longer useful lives due to the longevity of the substrates from which they are made. However, the corrosion resistance of a metal roof can vary depending on which substrate is specified. With steel roofing, galvanized and Galvalume sheets are common. Galvalume is a steel product coated with an aluminum and zinc alloy that has two to four times the corrosion resistance of galvanized steel. Other metals such as copper, aluminum, and zinc have much better corrosion performance than coated steel but are not as strong as steel. Most metal roofing suppliers offer “cool” metal roofs in a range of colors, even dark hues. Infrared-reflective pigment technology allows darker colors, such as browns, blues, and greens, to behave much like lighter colors with respect to solar reflectance.
- If using painted metal, don’t be afraid to specify a dark color.Property owners and designers should no longer assume that dark colors or hues are hot. Infrared-reflective pigments introduced to the industrial finishes industry several years ago allow darker colors to behave much like lighter colors with respect to solar reflectance. That means architects can specify darker colors, like earth tones, and still meet the solar reflectance and infrared emittance requirements set by Energy Star and CRRC.
- Don’t underestimate the effect of above-sheathing ventilation.Certain metal roofing products with raised profiles can take advantage of recently discovered benefits of the airflow between the roof deck and the bottom of the metal roof panel. This natural air ventilation helps reduce the heat flow through the deck into space below. Combining the above-sheathing ventilation with a cool color or reflective granular-coated surface can result in a 45% reduction in heat flow through the roof deck.
- Choose the correct metal roof for the climate and application.Metal roofs are available in a wide range of solar reflectance and thermal emittance properties. Specifying the ideal combination of these properties based on climate can increase the energy efficiency of any building. For example, in northern settings where heating is an important consideration, a metal roof with high solar reflectance and low thermal emittance may be desired to achieve the maximum cooling and heating energy efficiency. An unpainted cool metal roof product would be most appropriate for this type of application. For locations where cooling is of importance, a cool metal roof with high solar reflectance and high thermal emittance would be preferred to help lower air-conditioning costs.
Let’s face it. EA Sports is carrying Sony and their little black box of fun on its colossal shoulders. Madden 2001 has been the #1 PS2 seller for over 10 weeks and SSX seems to like the view from the #3 spot on PC Data’s chart. NBA Live 2001 has been gold (final code) for weeks now but has delayed once again to, later on, this month. Knockout Kings 2001 was [along with Madden] the showstopper at E3 this year and we’ve been waiting for the day we actually got to play it.
The Game We Were Waiting For
That day is now. First of all, this is a game that you’ll definitely want to drop the cash to pick up. The multiple modes of play including an in-depth career mode, intuitive controls, super-realistic graphics, and interactive audio make this one of the most eye-catching games to come through the GameSpy office in quite some time.
Looks Like There are women Boxers
We’re going to skip over the game’s visuals since the accompanied 40 screenshots and 3 movies should allow you to take a peek yourself. We even have the very first screenshots of women boxers in KO Kings – lots of rumors, but here they are. The screens just don’t do justice to a nice TV with S-Video, but that’s to be expected when you’re dealing with this much detail. Don’t miss the videos!
You’ll Need To Learn Boxing Skills
If you’re looking for something akin to Ready 2 Rumble (DC), stop reading now. With Knockout Kings 2001, staying light on your feet, counter-punching, establishing the jab, going to the body, and plenty of other boxing intricacies are required if you want to win. At first glance, boxing is pretty simple – punch, punch, and maybe a block now and then. Well, there’s a lot more to it, and thankfully your trainer in career mode will teach you the different facets of the sweet science as your boxer improves. The controls liken to the simplicity of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, and it doesn’t get much better than that.
Water Damage Repair
Water can cause serious damage to homes and commercial properties. Water damage needs to be cleaned up immediately. There are several reasons prompt cleanup is so vital to getting your property back to normal. When you call in a water damage restoration contractor you’ll get a thorough evaluation of the damages and the repairs that need to be completed. You’ll receive an estimate of the cost and help to deal with your insurance carrier so the work can begin right away.
Type of Flooding
If your home was flooded by water from inside the house this is the least serious of the water damage incidents. While the water is clean, it will still cause more damage if not cleaned up right away. Standing water can quickly damage you flooring beautiful wood causing it to warp. It only takes a few hours for mold to take advantage of the humid moist environment the water furnishes. All this assumes the water is not from a sewage overflow. Sewage must be cleaned up and then the entire area must be disinfected.
When natural flooding occurs, this can cause a serious damage to any home or commercial property. Flooding from streams, lakes or rivers causes more damage due to the fact that it is known as black water and will most likely be contaminated. This can cause health issues, plus it makes cleanup much more difficult. You will need the help of professionals who have the training and proper safety equipment to deal with this type of flooding.
Some Additional Problems Flooding Can Cause
- Foundations – There are many times that water damage can cause problems with your foundation. If this occurs and it is not serviced correctly, you can end up with more problems in the future. If there is damage to the foundation and it is not repaired right away, you run the risk of losing your home altogether. The foundation has to be one of the first things to fix because the foundation is holding the structure up and a weak or bad foundation can be dangerous for anyone living or working inside the structure.
- Walls and Internal Structures – Water will often damage your walls or other internal structures that need to be repaired right away to prevent additional structural damage. Moisture left inside the walls is an open invitation to mold. Once mold sets in that’s a whole new expensive problem to deal with. Professional water damage restoration contractors make sure all moisture is completely dried out to complete the process.